Chickpea, Tomato and Basil Spread
Boring ol' hummus doesn't stand a chance with this hearty and chunky chickpea spread. This delectable spread is sure to dazzle even the most finicky of eaters. Pair with Sundried Tomato Mediterranean Herbs & Cheese Riceworks for a full-bodied flavor combination.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, diced
- 20 large basil leaves, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 bags Sea Salt and Black Sesame
- Toss ingredients together.
- Mash with a fork or potato masher to produce a spread. For a thinner, creamier version of this spread, place in food processor until you reach desired consistency.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before serving and spread on Sundried Tomato Mediterranean Herbs & Cheese Riceworks.