Chicken & Riceworks Casserole
Nothing quite says “gather ‘round the table” like this chicken and Riceworks casserole. Welcome your family home with the hearty goodness of chicken layered on top of your favorite Riceworks, smothered in cheese and baked to perfection.
- 1.5lbs pounds chicken, cooked and chopped (4-5 cups)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 oz) can green chilis, drained
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/ tsp salt
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 3-4 cups crushed Sweet Chili Riceworks
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the green pepper and onion.
- Add tomatoes, celery soup, chicken soup, green chilis and all of the spices to the skillet.
- Mix well and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add a layer of crushed Riceworks crisps to a 9x13 baking dish.
- Next, add a layer of chicken and cover with half the soup mixture from your skillet.
- Sprinkle on 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Add another layer of chips, chicken and the rest of the soup mixtures.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove and add remaining cup of cheese.
- Return to oven for about 5 minutes or long enough to melt the cheese.
Rate This Product
0 stars -based on 0 reviewsRate this recipe
- Serves: 6-8
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins