A meaty twist on a Thanksgiving classic that is sure to impress your guests throughout the year.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb. bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 tsp. fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 bag crushed Sea Salt Riceworks
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line nonstick loaf pan or Pyrex baking dish with the strips of bacon until it is fully covered with no gaps, including sides. Note: It is very important that your pan is nonstick … be sure to coat well with cooking spray if you are concerned this may be an issue.
- In a large frying pan, cook the sausage in the olive oil on medium heat, breaking apart. Cook until brown and cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Drain grease from pan, add the butter and cook the onion and celery until soft.
- Add sage, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper and crushed Riceworks. Slowly stir in chicken stock.
- Set mixture aside for 10 minutes and allow cooling.
- Add sausage and egg together and mix well until combined (hands work great!). Add the mixture to the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Turn onto a serving pan and serve. If you want your bacon crispier, return back into the pan and bake it a little longer!