Spinach & Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
If you love spinach and artichokes, this spaghetti squash recipe is for you. Hearty artichokes, spinach and chicken combine to make comfort food without the guilt. Top with your favorite Riceworks and cheese for a flavorful dish you won’t be able to resist!
- 1 Large (4-5lb.) spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can chopped artichokes, drained
- 1 pkg. frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup provolone cheese, divided
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup, crushed Sea Salt Riceworks
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees F.
- Place the spaghetti squash in the microwave for 5 minutes to soften enough to cut. Cut in half (length wise).
- Scoop out the seeds and pulp from the middle.
- Place squash cut-side-down in a microwave-safe dish. Add about an inch of water. Microwave for 10-12 minutes, until squash pierces easily with a fork.
- While that’s cooking, heat a large pan over medium heat. Add the tablespoon of olive oil and the diced onion.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes (until onion is soft).
- Add the diced red pepper and garlic.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until veggies start to caramelize and are soft.
- Remove from heat, and add chicken, artichokes, chopped spinach, Greek yogurt, 4 oz. of the cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Stir well to completely combine.
- Once the squash is done in the microwave, carefully scrape each squash half with a fork to create the noodles.
- Add to the chicken mixture and stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture among the two squashes and top with crushed Riceworks and the remaining cheese.
- Place back in oven and cook for 10 minutes longer, or until heated through.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.