Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
This deliciously buttered crust with fresh strawberries is sure to win you over. Such a versatile treat, these can be enjoyed as a breakfast bar or after dinner! This recipe is inspired by Well Plated.
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 4 cups strawberries, small diced
- 1 cup crushed Sea Salt Riceworks
- Place a rack in the center of your oven and heat to 375 degrees F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with parchment paper so that the paper overhangs two sides like "handles."
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, 3/4 cup flour, brown sugar, ginger, riceworks and salt. Pour in the melted butter and stir until it forms clumps and the dry ingredients are evenly moistened. Set aside 1/2 cup of the crumble mixture, then press the rest into an even layer in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Scatter half of the strawberries over the crust. Sprinkle the cornstarch evenly over the top, then sprinkle on the lemon juice, and 1/2 tablespoon of the granulated sugar. Scatter on the remaining berries, then the remaining 1/2 tablespoon sugar. Sprinkle the reserved crumbs evenly over the top. You will have some fruit showing through.
- Bake the bars for 35 to 40 minutes, until the fruit is bubbly and the crumb topping smells toasty and looks golden. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely (you can speed this process along in the refrigerator).
- While the bars cool, prepare the glaze: in a medium bowl, briskly whisk together the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk until smooth. Feel free to add more milk if a thinner consistency is desired. Using the parchment paper handles, lift the bars from the pan. Drizzle with glaze, slice, and serve.
Rate This Product
0 stars -based on 0 reviewsRate this recipe
- Serves: a crowd!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins