Spinach Salad with Baked Goat Cheese
Take your average Spinach Salad up a couple of notches with this recipe. The baked goat cheese smothered in our Black Japonica Riceworks makes it simply amazing. This recipe is easy, delicious and better for you – a winning combo in our book!
- 8 cups baby spinach, rinsed and dried
- 2 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- 6 oz goat cheese, sliced
- 8 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup crushed Black Japonica Riceworks
- Arrange the spinach on four separate plates.
- In a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat and add crushed garlic. Cook until slightly golden. Stir in crushed Riceworks. Remove to a small bowl.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg. In another small bowl, measure out the flour.
- Dip the goat cheese slices into the flour mixture, then the egg and then in the Riceworks mixture.
- Drop the goat cheese slices into the garlic mixture, and turn to coat evenly.
- In the same skillet, melt the remaining tablespoon of butter. Add goat cheese to the pan and fry until lightly browned.
- Place a slice or two of goat cheese on each serving of spinach. Drizzle the salads with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.