Smart Snacking: 6 Lip-Smacking After School Snacks
It’s that time of the year again. Time to coordinate everyone’s schedules, make sure homework gets done and get everyone to bed at a decent time on school nights. It can be difficult to establish a new routine, including creating healthy habits for after-school snacking.
We have lots of satisfying after-school snacks ideas to tide the kids over until dinner. Most are easy enough that even your little learners can throw them together – maybe with just a little help for the young ones.
Here are our 6 favorite after-school snack recipes:
- Frozen Pineapple Pops: What could be easier! Just like the name suggests, this recipe
uses a lollipop stick to freeze rings of pineapple into a sweet and juicy popsicle.
Refreshing, fun and healthy! Find the recipe here.
- Nutella and Fruit Bites: A little (or big!) smear of Nutella and a few pieces of your favorite fruit piled on top of Sea Salt Riceworks make this a crave-worthy snack for all ages. To. Die. For. Find the recipe here.
- Apple Sandwiches: There’s something about an unconventional sandwich that increases the fun! Try slicing an apple into a ring, load on some almond or peanut butter and granola then top with another apple ring. It makes the cutest snack! Find the recipe here.
- Trail mix: This snack time standby gets a refresh with this recipe that includes Riceworks, raisins, chocolate candy and more. It comes together fast and is a perfect hunger-buster to get your crew through until dinner. Find the recipe here.
- Salami and pickle bites: What goes better together than salami and pickles? Add in some cream cheese and Riceworks and you’ve just made a delicious crunchy snack that satisfies. Find the recipe here.
- White Chocolate Raspberries: Yep, exactly that. Push a white chocolate chip into a raspberry for a taste explosion that is sure to delight. And making it is half the fun! Mix things up and include some dark chocolate chips just for fun. Find the recipe here.
Published: Monday, August 29, 2016