Shrimp and Crab Cakes
This unique recipe combines the goodness of Riceworks with shrimp and crab. The result is a company worthy appetizer or entree. Using Riceworks crisps in this recipe makes them especially tasty – and gluten free.
- 1/4 lb. crab meat
- 1/4 lb. shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- pinch white pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 5 tbsp green apple, peeled, small cubes
- 1 green onion, white part only, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp ginger, rasped
- 2 cups coarsely ground Sweet Chili rice crisps
- Drain the crab meat in a colander, pressing well to remove excess water.
- Dry the cleaned shrimp on a towel and finely chop. Place the shrimp into a medium-sized stainless steel bowl.
- Whip the egg whites lightly with a fork until they are frothy. Fold the egg whites and cream into the shrimp. Season with salt, pepper, cumin seeds and cumin powder.
- Add green apple, green onion, cilantro and ginger; mix well.
- Fold the crab meat gently into the shrimp mixture.
- Pour the Riceworks Sweet Chili crumbs into a wide, shallow bowl. Scoop two tablespoons of the shrimp and crab mixture onto the rice crisp crumbs. Use your hands to roll the crab cake to coat with rice crisp crumbs.
- Place each crab cake 2” apart on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 1/2 hour for shrimp and crab cakes to firm up.
- Heat deep fryer to 325°F. Fry the crab cakes for 2-4 minutes until golden, turning to brown each side. Remove the crab cakes from the oil with a slotted spoon. Drain crab cakes on paper towels. Serve with your favorite Thai dipping sauce.
Rate This Product
0 stars -based on 0 reviewsRate this recipe
- Serves: 26 Shrimp and Crab Cakes
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Cook Time: 4 mins