Pumpkin Turkey Chili
Warm up with a hearty bowl of turkey pumpkin chili. Savor the last of pumpkin season and that holiday turkey with this delicious fall recipe. Top with Black Japonica Riceworks for crunch and extra flavor. This recipe is inspired by Just a Taste.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 can (15 oz.) dice tomatoes with chilies
- 1 can chilies
- 1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can (10 oz.) condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp sour cream (for garnish)
- Sea Salt & Black Sesame Riceworks
- Heat a large heavy-bottomed pot (Dutch oven) over medium-low heat. Add the olive oil then the onions, peppers, garlic, cumin, salt and ground turkey. Sauté until the turkey is fully cooked.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients except for the Riceworks and sour cream.
- Simmer the chili over low heat until the onions and peppers are tender, about 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve, top a bowl of the chili with a dollop of sour cream and serve with Riceworks instead of a spoon.
Rate This Product
0 stars -based on 0 reviewsRate this recipe
- Serves: 4-6
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins