Mediterranean Black Bean Burger
Looking for something a little different for dinner tonight? Try these flavorful, savory black bean burgers! This Riceworks version is sure to please vegetarians and meat-lovers alike. Pile on your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- 2 cans seasoned black beans
- 1/2 cup grated white onion
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 2 tbsp butter
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- tomato, lettuce, pickle (burger toppings)
- 1 bag Sea Salt Riceworks
- In a large mixing bowl, combine crushed Riceworks crisps, onion, egg and cayenne powder. Mix well. Carefully add in feta crumbles without breaking them up too much. Set aside.
- Drain, but do not rinse the black beans and transfer to a shallow bowl. A half cup at a time, mash the beans with either a fork or potato masher. It is okay to leave some full beans. Transfer them into the bowl with the Riceworks mixture as you go. It is important to mash the beans a little at a time to make sure they’re even.
- Once they are all mashed and placed into the deeper bowl, knead everything together until the beans and Riceworks mixture are evenly distributed.
- Mold into patties that are slightly smaller than the size of the buns you are using. Be sure to make them thick enough to stay together, but not too thick that they won’t cook all the way through.
- Heat the butter on a large skillet and place 2-3 patties over the heat. Cook on each side for approximately 6 minutes over medium heat. The goal here is to make sure they are warm all the way through, but do not need to cook as long as traditional meat burgers.
- Place two slices of cheese on each patty and cook for 3 more minutes. Serve over toasted buns and add toppings as desired.
Rate This Product
0 stars -based on 0 reviewsRate this recipe
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins