Gluten Free Oven-Baked Onion Rings
It is easy to treat yourself with these guiltless and gluten free onion rings. The cayenne powder adds a touch of spice while the Sundried Tomato, Mediterranean Herbs & Cheese Riceworks bring an irresistible crunch. We bet you have never had onion rings like these before!
- 1 tsp. cayenne powder
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons gluten free flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 large Vidalia onions
- 4 cups crushed Sundried Tomato Mediterranean Herbs & Cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a cooking sheet and set aside.
- Crush the Riceworks crisps into crumbs in a food processor. Place in a mixing bowl, add cayenne powder and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together buttermilk, 2 tablespoons of flour, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Chop onions into desirable slices—about a half inch circles and separate into rings.
- Pour the remaining flour into a sealable plastic bag, add onions, and shake them around until they are coated in flour. Remove onions one at a time, dip into buttermilk mixture, then Riceworks/cayenne mixture, and place on the baking sheet.
- Spray cooking spray over the rings and lightly sprinkle them with any remaining Riceworks/cayenne mixture.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until coating is golden brown. Serve with spicy ranch or your favorite BBQ sauce.