Chorizo Queso Fundido
Get ready for a spicy, cheesy dip that's sure to warm up even the coldest winter nights. This Chorizo Queso Fundido combines cheese, spicy sausage, garlic and a tinge of hot sauce to create a unique, bold flavor. Perfect for parties or movie nights cuddled on the couch, you’ll love this recipe with Sweet Chili Riceworks!
- 1 cup chorizo, casings removed and crumbled
- 1/2 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- In a large frying pan, fry chorizo over medium-high heat until crisp. Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate and add onions and garlic to the pan. Cook in chorizo grease until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add diced tomato and Tabasco sauce and cook for an additional five minutes. Slowly stir in ¼ cup chicken broth and add cheese ½ cup at a time. Blend until smooth and add cheese and broth until you reach a smooth, thick consistency.
- Transfer into a serving bowl and garnish with chorizo and cilantro. Serve hot with Sweet Chili Riceworks!