Cheddar Potato Bites
Cheese + potatoes + Riceworks = YUM! These Cheddar Potato Bites come together fast and are always a crowd-pleaser. Change up the flavors to match your mood – try the Sweet Chili Riceworks for a little kick or the Black Japonica Riceworks for something different. No matter the combination, these bites are guaranteed to go fast.
- 6 baking potatoes peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 lb cheddar cheese, cut into 24 cubes
- 1/4 cup crushed Salsa Fresca Riceworks
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the potatoes for 15 to 20 min or until tender. Drain and cool for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mash potatoes until smooth. Add chives, egg and pepper and mix well.
- Place crushed Riceworks in a shallow dish.
- Use about 2 tablespoons of the potato mixture to form into balls (makes about 24). Insert one cheddar cube into center of each ball.
- Place in coating mix one at a time and turn to ensure an even coat. Place bites on lightly-greased rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until golden brown.