Candy Corn Quesadillas
Who says playing with your food is a bad thing? Get into the fall festivities with this creative dish. These candy corn triangles are fun to look at and even better to eat! Taste meets treat with this Halloween inspired quesadilla. This recipe is inspired by Julie’s Eats & Treats.
- 1 lb. shredded chicken (rotisserie)
- 1 jar salsa
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 can corn
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 8 flour tortillas (taco size)
- 1/2 cup salsa con queso dip
- 3 cups shredded mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups crushed Sweet Chili Riceworks
- In a large skillet pan combine the first 4 ingredients. Heat through. Stir occasionally as they warm. Brush butter over one side of each soft shell.
- In a separate large skillet place one tortilla, buttered side down. Spread a 1/4 of the chicken mixture and shredded cheese over 1/2 the tortilla. Fold in half. Cook low-medium heat 1-2 minutes or until bottom is lightly golden brown. Flip quesadilla over.
- Remove quesadilla to a cutting board. Sprinkle crushed Riceworks over queso dip leaving the outer edge chip free. Cut into six wedges. Place a small dollop of sour cream at the tip of each wedge.