Breaded Brussels Sprouts
Getting the kids to eat more vegetables is easy with this crowd-pleasing breaded Brussels sprouts recipe. These breaded Brussels sprouts taste great with any flavor of Riceworks (we recommend Black Japonica), and are quick and easy to prepare.
- 1.5lbs fresh Brussels Sprouts
- 2-3 cups cold water
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 4 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp seasoning salt
- 4 tbsp crushed Black Japonica Riceworks
- Prep Brussels sprouts, wash and trim. Cut an "X" in the stem of the Brussels sprouts, about 3/8-inch deep.
- In a medium size saucepan, add Brussels sprouts and cover with cold water, adding 1 tsp salt. Bring the water to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 6 minutes or until just tender. Drain after 6 minutes.
- Place sprouts in a casserole dish. Sprinkle three tablespoons melted butter over the sprouts, coating them evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, crushed Riceworks, garlic powder, black pepper, seasoning salt and remaining three tablespoons of butter. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the Brussels sprouts in the casserole dish. Place the casserole dish about 3 inches below the broiler in the oven and broil on high for about 5 minutes, or until the crumb mixture is lightly browned. Serve hot.