Love the flavor of deep fried cornmeal but would rather skip the calories? Well, we've got news for you. This classic recipe, baked with a modern twist is the perfect side dish to your fish fry, barbecue or for a night at home savoring all your favorite comfort foods.
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne powder
- 1/2 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 cup crushed Black Japonica Riceworks
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray cups of mini muffin pans with nonstick spray.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, Riceworks, baking powder, salt, cayenne powder and onion in a medium sized mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, milk and butter. Slowly add to cornmeal mixture.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan, filling the cups halfway to 2/3 full.
- Back for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Test doneness by sticking a toothpick into the center. Serve hot.
Rate This Product
- Serves: 6-8
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins