Bacon Goat Cheese Balls
Cool, creamy, salty and delicious! These perfect little appetizers combine crisp bacon and smooth goat cheese with the kicky flavor of our Sweet Chili Riceworks for a pre-dinner bite that is sure to please. Make for a crowd or for a romantic date-night in.
- 6 slices bacon (cooked & crumbled)
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped basil
- 1 tbsp. thyme
- 1/4 cup Sweet Chili Riceworks
- 1 package lollipop sticks (optional)
- Using an electric mixer, blend goat cheese, cream cheese, 1 tablespoon of basil and a pinch of crackled black pepper until fully blended and smooth. Form into small balls, no bigger than 1 inch by 1 inch.
- If desired, press a lollipop stick into each ball or leave as balls. Put in the freezer for approximately 20 minutes. Do not let them freeze!
- While the cheese balls are cooling, combine bacon, Riceworks, remaining basil and thyme into a food processor and process until all the ingredients are very finely chopped and mixed.
- Remove cheese balls from the freezer and roll into bacon mixture, pressing them into it if the crumbs do not immediately stick. Cover each ball in the bacon mixture thoroughly.
- Refrigerate cheese balls until they are ready to serve.
Rate This Product
- Serves: 6-8
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins